ExpressVPN offers a generous money-back guarantee that allows you to reclaim a refund within 30 days of subscribing to the service. While the provider is known for its high quality, if the service is not suitable for your needs or you are not entirely happy, you can cancel the subscription and request a refund. The only problem is that finding out how to cancel your ExpressVPN subscription can take you some time since the process is not very clear. If you are having issues and can’t see the option to cancel your subscription, don’t despair, here we will share the steps that you can follow. Here is how you can cancel your subscription and get a refund.
Disable the automatic renewal.
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account and go to My account. Here you will see a list of your active ExpressVPN subscriptions. Cancelling the automatic renewal payment is fairly simple.
- All you need to do is to click on “Manage settings”, here you will see information about your account and the renewal date for your subscription.
- Then click “Turn automatic renewal off and cancel my service on the expiration date”, which is the grey line at the bottom. This is something that you can do even when you start using the service since it gives you flexibility in case you change your mind.
- Once you do this, you will receive an email from PayPal (if you have used this payment method), to confirm that the automatic renewal option has been successfully cancelled. That is all. Now, the automatic renewal is cancelled and your subscription will end in its due date.
ExpressVPN is known for offering an efficient and highly responsive customer service. They have a live chat option that allows you to get immediate assistance when needed.
- You can find the live chat at the bottom right corned of the screen. Once you contact them, they will ask you to provide the email address used on your account. Then you may need to wait a few minutes.
- They may ask you why are you cancelling the service, but this is a simple formality and they will start processing your refund request without asking too many questions or requesting you to follow an special procedure.
- Keep in mind is that it is likely that they send your refund request to their billing department and it may take up to 7 working days for the refund to be processed. While this may concern some users, you will get a refund in the end and you will not be charged for the cancellation. Furthermore, while the cancellation goes through, you will still be able to use the service.
After requesting a refund, you can expect to receive a confirmation email a few days later. Once the refund is processed, you will get a notification letting you know that the account has been cancelled and that a refund has been issued. Although waiting for the refund may be frustrating, the time that it takes to complete may be due to PayPal’s way of processing refunds or the way ExpressVPN is sending the refund, in any case, one thing is for sure, you will be refunded. ExpressVPN is a reliable company and their guarantee is designed to give potential customers peace of mind and to ensure that those who don’t want to use the service anymore, have a good experience with the provider, even if they are cancelling their account.