In order to locate the name and the IP address of the AD domain controller, it is possible to use Nslookup. This is a command-line tool that shows information that can be used to diagnose Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure. Here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to click Start and then click Run
- In the Open box, enter cmd
- Then type nslookup and press Enter
- Type set type=all and press Enter again to continue
- Type _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.Domain_Name (Domain_Name refers to the name of your domain and the press Enter
- That is all.. You will be able to find out what the name and the IP address of the AD domain controller are.