While on its own, Kodi is a fantastic media player that allows you to manage your favorite content in one place, what really makes it stand out from other options available is the vast selection of add-ons available. These add-ons offer a variety of options that includes movies, TV shows, news and sports events, only to name a few. One of the most practical ways to get a good selection of add-ons is to install a build. Some of the builds that you will come across with are Titanium, No Limits Magic, Pulse CCM and Wookie. With these builds, you can easily personalize your Kodi experience by getting a list of add-ons that give you access to great content. In this article, we will focus on Wookie. This is a popular build that can be installed on your Mac, Windows PC, iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone and many other devices.
Steps to install Wookie build on Kodi 17 Krypton
1. Start by opening Kodi Krypton, which is the current stable version of Kodi. Then click on the Settings icon that you see on the top left corner.
2. After that, go to System Settings, then Expert Mode and Addons.
3. Ensure that Unknown Sources is enabled so that you can install third-party add-ons.
4. Once the warning box appears, select Yes.
5. Return to the Kodi homescreen and select the Settings icon.
6. Then, go to File Manager and then select Add Source
7. Choose None and then enter this path: http://wookiespmc.com/wiz/
8. Select Addons from the Kodi homescreen
9. Select the Package Installer Icon located at the top left corner of the screen
10. Select Install from Zip file and then Wookie Wiz
11. Choose Click me and then Succumb to The Wookie.zip to complete the installation process.
12. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears
13. Return to the Kodi homescreen and select Program Add-ons, then The Wookie and Install Wookie.
14. Select Newlook Wookie, then Krypton and select the red install button.
15. You will see the following message: “For a successful update, ensure you have a cleared data first. Do you wish to continue?” and there, you can click on Continue.
16. This will start the download and installation process for Wookie Build.
17. Then, restart your Kodi app…Soon you will be able to start enjoying all the content that the Wookie Build has to offer.
But wait…Don’t forget to use a VPN with Kodi
Installing a build like The Wookie will give you the chance to access an incredible selection of content for free. That sounds like a great deal and while it is, it is very important to consider the risks that are associated. Unofficial addons are known for offering access to pirated content, so of course, they are targeted by copyright enforcement agencies. Those who use these kind of add-ons to access content can end up facing legal issues. Of course, we don’t encourage you to access copyrighted content without the required authorization, but in the end, the decision is yours. Just remember that in any case, protecting your privacy and identity is very important. This is why we advise you to use a VPN service. This is a solution that encrypts your internet traffic and not only that, it also allows you to overcome restrictions so that you can access even more content.
With a VPN, you can get around geographical restrictions thanks to the fact that it masks your IP address, making you appear as if you were in a different location. You will be able to get an IP address from the location of the server you are connecting to. This will help you to overcome geographical blocks and discover international content. For instance, if you want to watch content that is only available in the United States, you just need to connect to a server in that country. VPN services also help you to overcome throttling, which is something that some ISPs do and that may affect the speed of your connection. As we previously mentioned, VPNs also use encryption to secure your data. When data is encrypted, others are not able to see what you are doing online. By masking your IP address, a VPN also helps you to enjoy a high level of privacy and anonymity since it will be pretty much impossible to track you.
We recommend the below VPNs as they offer a high standard of security and many servers to help you overcome geographical restrictions. In addition, they don’t keep logs of your activities.
ExpressVPN is a leading name in the VPN industry and it has achieved its popularity thanks to a great combination of speed, security, privacy protection and advanced technology. No logs of your activities are kept and you can connect to servers in over 90 countries. ExpressVPN has excellent software for all major platforms.
NordVPN is another excellent choice when it comes to security and privacy. This provider based in Panama offers excellent protection for your traffic, through advanced security features like double VPN and Tor over VPN. NordVPN is a zero logs provider and it offers servers in over 60 countries.
IPVanish stands out thanks to the fact that it is in charge of its own network of servers so you can expect great speeds and reliable service. They have servers in over 60 countries and offer high security to protect your data. IPVanish is also a no logs provider that has a strong commitment to privacy.
Kodi builds like The Wookie are a good entertainment choice, but in order to enjoy what they have to offer, you need to consider security and the best solution to protect your internet traffic and enjoy online freedom is to use a VPN.