Apex Legends is still quite new, but it has already earned fans around the globe. This game created by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts is a welcomed addition to the gaming industry thanks to its wonderful combination of unique characters, epic battles and the variety of options to explore. Apex Legends is available for PS4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. While the marketing was almost non-existent, the game has managed to earned the attention of players who enjoy all the exploration and battle possibilities that Apex Legends offers. In the game, you can select from a varied range of powerful characters with their own skills and personalities. It is possible to work along other players, increasing your chances of achieving victory by combining your abilities to become the ultimate team.
Recently, Apex Legends’ developers revealed that the team is growing and that players can expect a lot of surprises in the near future. Although it is not known exactly when the updates are being implemented, the upcoming changes to the free-to-play battle royal game are probably worth the wait. In a way, it is good that Apex Legends’ developers are not rushing, after all, what we want to see is good quality, not just updates that are implemented just for the sake of it. In the meantime, we can continue enjoying what this amazing game offers, although there are a few things that we can do to improve our experience with Apex Legends. Although there are dedicated servers available that can prevent in-game lag, its is not always possible to prevent this annoying occurrence.
Dealing with lags (or pauses that take place while you are playing Apex Legends) can be frustrating, and can also have a negative impact on the outcome of the game for you and your team. Let’s start by talking about the technical definition of lagging to help you understand better what this is and how it can affect your gaming experience. Lagging refers to the slow response of a gaming device or computer that is caused by an internet connection or device that is not fast enough. When it comes to gaming, lagging involves the use of bandwidth by thousands of people on a standard ISP server at a specific time, meaning that the system won’t be able to send and receive enough data die to a slow and unreliable Internet connection.
How to solve the problem with a VPN
You can tackle the latency issues using a VPN service. This technology boosts the security of your internet traffic and it also helps you to defeat restrictions. With a VPN you can also protect yourself against DDoS attacks since your traffic is encrypted. VPNs are comprehensive security and privacy tools, with the added benefit of online freedom. You can connect to a server in a different location to reduce ping and enjoy better performance while playing Apex Legends. The fact that you can change your location also means that you can play the game from anywhere you are in the world. You can simply connect to servers in specific countries.
VPNs can even help you to solve some connection issues that could prevent you from enjoying Apex Legends. The list of errors include:“Unable to connect to EA Servers. Please check your Internet connection and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information.” and “Connection to server timed out. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information”. You can fix lag in Apex Legend by following just a few steps. You can start by launching Apex Legends. Then from the home screen, you need to go to “Data Center”. Write down the ping times to the Apex Legends available. Once you know the ping times you can do the below to solve the latency issues.
- Sign up with a VPN and ensure that the provider you select has several VPN services available, in different locations around the world.
- Then download and install the VPN app on your computer or PS4 device.
- Access the application and connect to a VPN server near your actual location. When the VPN connection is set up, go back to Apex Legends.
- Test again the ping and compare the results you previously obtained. You should see a significant difference.
If the results are not good as what you expect, you just need to connect to another VPN server.
More tips to reduce lags
There are other things that you can do in order to get better pings and diminish your latency. Here are additional tips that we recommend trying.
- A wired connection could be a better choice for online gaming. Use an Ethernet network cable to connect your computer to the router so that you can enjoy a more stable internet connection.
- You can simply disconnect other devices that you are using such as your tablet or mobile phone.
- Go to game settings and reduce the Resolution, Shadow Quality, Anti-aliasing, Texture Quality and Virtual Sync.
- Close files or tasks that consume a lot of bandwidth and storage space. If you are downloading media, it is advisable that you stop the downloads.
- Shut down background processes for Mac gamer and Windows, including Antivirus upgrades, Windows Updates and Torrent activities.
- It is advisable to enable the QoS feature on your router as it gives priority to the traffic that is more important.
- It is also possible to switch your Nate type from Restricted to Moderate, or Open. This can have a dramatic impact on the speed of your downloads, particularly when you are using gaming consoles.
- You can also get in touch with your ISP since there are providers that have special options for online games.
Best VPN for Apex Legends
Here is a list of the best VPN services that you can use to reduce latency while playing Apex Legends.
ExpressVPN has taken a high spot in the world of VPNs thanks to the amazing speeds and advanced features that it supports. ExpressVPN is perfect for online players since it delivers fast performance and its network has thousands of servers in more than 90 countries. ExpressVPN lets you overcome restrictions and it also secures your traffic with military grade encryption. ExpressVPN doesn’t keep logs of your activities.
NordVPN is a highly secure solution that can keep your internet traffic private, but it also delivers amazing speeds that help you to overcome blocks effectively. You can connect to servers in over 50 countries and enjoy impressive speeds. NordVPN has over 5000 servers in its network, so you won’t have any issues finding an option that lets you enjoy better speeds while paying Apex Legends. Plus, it is a zero logs provider.
Surfshark hasn’t been around for as longs as other providers in the list, but it is building a great reputation in the industry. Surfshark gives you access to servers in over 50 countries and it protects your connection with high encryption. You won’t have problems overcoming restrictions since Surfshark has an effective No Borders mode, that lets you get around restrictions that could stop you from accessing the servers that you want. No logs are kept of your activities.