Kodi users who want to enjoy easy access to live television streams should take a look at Goodfellas, a practical solution that provides access to a wide variety of content. Goodfellas is designed as an all-in-one solution to access not only live sports, news, kids shows and other live TV channels, it also offers the chance to watch premium movie channels. In this guide, you will find the steps that you need to follow in order to be able to install Goodfellas on Kodi. As you know, Kodi is an open source solution that offers users flexibility to access and manage content. This media player offers many convenient features and you can increase the selection of streaming options with the help of add-ons.
With Kodi add-ons, it is possible to enjoy access to interesting data and even to movies and TV shows. While there are some official add-ons supported by Kodi, there are also third-party add-ons created by independent developers. Since Kodi is open source, anyone can post media sources, which is why there is a vast collection of options available. Third-party add-ons are not supported by Kodi so if you have any issue with them, you won’t be able to contact the Kodi team. In some cases, you can contact the developers via social media sites like Twitter. Another thing to keep in mind is that some add-ons may not be secure to install. You shouldn’t have issues with Goodfellas, but it is always important to ensure that you get the add-ons from reliable sources and that you read users’ reviews on forums.
Another aspect that you need to consider is that third-party add-ons like Goodfellas, provide access to copyrighted content and in the vast majority of cases, the sources from where it is obtained, are not authorized by the content owners. This could lead to headaches like warning letters from your ISP. If you stream content from legitimate sources, you could end up getting these letters because copyright holders will likely trace you using your IP address. Once they identify the IP address and the ISP associated to it, copyright enforcement agencies can contact your ISP. If you want to avoid warning letters and other related issues, you may be better off choosing legitimate sources such as well-known paid services like Netflix.
With that being said, it is understandable that some people look for alternatives to premium services. After all, in some cases they are not affordable or they simply don’t offer access to the content that you really want to watch. While we don’t condone online piracy, the decision is yours in the end. In any case, it is very important that you protect your privacy. That is why it is highly recommended that you use a VPN, not only for Kodi, but for any other app or service that you use. A VPN can protect your entire internet traffic, protecting it from online attacks and surveillance.
When you use a VPN, your online data is encrypted to prevent others from seeing what you are doing online. All your activities are routed through a secure VPN server and since the data is scrambled due to the encryption, it is not possible for others to find out what content you access. Plus, when you connect to a VPN server, your real IP address is replaced with the IP of the server. This means that others will not see your real IP address and location. This makes it practically impossible for others to trace you. Apart from offering privacy and security, a VPN gives you online freedom because by changing your IP address, you can also access websites and content that is blocked in your location. We recommend VPN services like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPvanish, PIA and PureVPN, which offer good speeds, high security and that don’t keep logs of your activities.
How to install GoodFellas Kodi add-on
1. From the home screen, go to System, which is the icon at the top left corner.
2. Find and select the folder that says File Manager from the menu items.
3. On the right panel, scroll down and select the menu item that says Add Source
4. Your Add File Source window will open and here you can go ahead and select where it says
5. Now you will need to enter the paths of browse for the media locations. Enter the path like this: http://www.goodfellasteam.com/Repository/
Once you have entered the path, select OK.
6. Now you need to name your media source. You can click in the blank filed under the “Enter a name for this media source” heading and call the repo like this: .goodfellas and then select OK.
7. Enable downloading from an Unknown source. If you have done this before, you can skip to step 13. If that is not the case, go back to your System window/menu again (Like in Step 1) and choose System settings.
8. From the menu on the left, scroll down and choose the Add-ons menu item.
9. By default, the add-ons Unknown sources is disabled so we need to enable it. This can be done by selecting the Unknown sources field.
10. Once the Unknown Sources is enabled, you will see a pop up window letting you know of the risks of using third party add-ons, which we previously discussed.
10. Now you can select you if you want to continue.
11. Go back to your home screen and choose Add-ons
12. Search for the Add-ons browser icon (it looks like an open box) and select it. It may be located near the top of the screen.
13. From the menu to the right, find and select Install from zip file.
14. The install from zip file window will open. Search for the media source you named and select it. In this case, we’ll look for .goodfellas.
15. Each Repository/3rd party add-on has its own unique set of files included within the zip file. In this case, select repository.goodfellas-x.x.zip and then select OK to the right.
16. If the install was successful, you will get an add-on update/enabled icon in the top right corner of the screen.
17. Now select the Install from Repository menu item. Keep in mind that this step is not necessary for some repositories/ third party add-ons, but in this case, it is.
18. Keep the Install from repository window open, then you will look for the Repository/third party add-on that you previously installed. Scroll down and select Goodfellas.
19. Search for Add-ons and select it from the right side of the screen.
20. Once you select Video Add-ons, all the third party add-ons available within the Repository selected, will appear in the main window at the right side of the screen. You just need to select the add-on you want, in this case select GoodFellas 2.0
You will see an install window. Select the Install icon on the far right from the list of options that appear at the bottom. If everything goes well, you will see an add-on enabled/update icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
21. Once it is installed, go back to the Add-ons screen and select Video Add-ons.
Now you just need to find the add-on you previously installed and select it to make sure that it is up and running. The above steps apply for all Kodi third-party add-ons.