Kodi add-ons give you the chance to enjoy entertainment from a large number of sources. Movies, TV shows, live TV, sports events and more, are available through add-ons like Velocity. This Kodi add-on relies on Trakt, a backend database that gives you access to several movies and TV shows and you don’t even need to create an account to access the content. While Velocity works well and it is a practical solution to enjoy online entertainment, it should be noted that it is not an official Kodi add-on. This means that it is not supported by Kodi’s team and a lot of the content that you can access through it, is pirated. While we advise you to opt for authorized sources instead, if you decide to use Kodi add-ons like Velocity, SALTS and other popular names, make sure that you consider the risks. Your privacy can be exposed and you may also come across restrictions when you try to access content. This is why we advise you to use a VPN service to keep your privacy and security protected and to avoid restrictions at the same tine.
Protect yourself with a VPN
Before we tell you the steps to install Velocity on Kodi Krypton and Jarvis, let’s talk more about the importance of using a VPN. Since Velocity is not an official Kodi add-on, you may come across copyrighted content that is available without the authorization from the owners. Copyright enforcement agencies often monitor traffic on apps and websites that provide streaming and downloading services and if they identify an IP address, they will contact the ISP that owns that IP. The ISP will in turn contact the customer who is using that IP address. If you are identified, you will receive warning letters and in some cases, you may even face fines. While we don’t encourage you to access copyrighted content using illegitimate sources, we do think that you should keep the risks in mind.
Using a VPN will keep your identity and your privacy protected, whether you use official or unofficial Kodi add-ons. Eavesdropping and malicious hackers are some of the threats that lurk online. In order to keep your information protected, you can rely on a VPN service. This technology encrypts your online traffic, keeping it protected from prying eyes. Others won’t be able to see what you are doing when you are connected to the internet. In addition, your real IP address and location will be hidden. A VPN also lets you overcome restrictions. By masking your IP address, you can access content that is not available in your real location. For instance, you can access content that is only available in the United States by connecting to a VPN server in that country, even if you live somewhere else. To help you defeat restrictions and enjoy Kodi add-ons without putting your privacy and security at risk, you can use a VPN and the below services are highly recommended due to their quality and strong security.
ExpressVPN is one of the best services in the VPN industry. It offers remarkable speeds and high security to ensure that your personal information and online activities are not intercepted by others. You can connect to servers in over 90 countries and since ExpressVPN doesn’t keep logs of your activities, your privacy is safe at all times.
NordVPN has a strong focus on security and privacy protection. This provider is based in Panama, where mandatory data retention laws are not applied. NordVPN supports advanced security features such as Tor over VPN and double VPN encryption. It allows you to connect to servers in over 60 countries. NordVPN is a zero logs provider so no logs are kept at all.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a very affordable solution that lets you bypass restrictions and keep your internet traffic protected. It offers all the features that you need to enjoy access to Kodi add-ons without issues and to keep your internet activities private. You can connect to over 3000 servers in more than 30 countries and PIA doesn’t keep logs of your activities.
VyprVPN is another effective solution to overcome restrictions and enjoy access to international content, while keeping your traffic secure. VyprVPN provides fast performance and it uses unique exclusive technology that will help you to bypass restrictions, even in countries where VPNs are blocked. VyprVPN doesn’t keep logs of your activities.
Installing Velocity on Kodi 17 Krypton
Now that we have discussed the importance of using a VPN, let’s go through the steps that you need to follow to install Velocity on Kodi.
1. Launch Kodi and then go to System Settings, select Expert Mode and then Add-ons. Enable Unknown Sources so that you can install third-party apps.
2. A warning message will appear and when it does, you can click Yes. Then go back to the Kodi homescreen, click on the Settings icon.
3. Now go to File Manager and select Add Source.
4. Select None and enter this path: http://srp.nu/
5. Now you can name it as Superrepo and then click OK
6. Go to Add-ons from the home screen
7. Name it Superrepo and click OK. Then from the home screen, you can go to Add-ons
8. Select the Package Installer icon, located at the top left corner
9. Select the Install from Zip file, then select Repo, then Krypton and Repositories.
10. Select superrepo, then select superrepo.kodi.krypton.repositories-x.x.x.zip and install it.
11. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears.
12. Select Install from repository
13. Select the Superrepo Repository, then Addon Repository, next, Superrepo Category Video.
14. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears again.
15. Choose the install from repository, Superrepo Category Video and then Video Add-ons. Select Velocity and install it. You just need to select Videos, then Addons and then Velocity.
Installing Velocity on Kodi Jarvis
1. Go to System, then File Manager and click on Add Source
2. Now select None, then enter this URL http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
3. Click Done and then scroll down to the empty bar and enter fusion. Click Done and then select OK.
4. Go to System from the home screen and then go to Settings, and Add-ons.
5. Select Install from Zip file, then Fusion, kodi-repos and English
6. Select repository.BlazeRepo-x.x.zip and install it.
7. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears
8. Then, select Install from repository
9. Select the Blazetamer’s Repository and then Video Add-ons
10. Select Velocity and install it. Now select Videos, then Addons and Velocity from the home screen.