Kodi’s popularity continues growing and this open-source and free media player has become the favorite solution for streaming content with high quality. Kodi offers an amazing variety of add-ons that allow you to enjoy not only movies or TV shows, but also sports, news, music, games and more. In order to bypass the geographical restrictions that may prevent you from accessing certain content, you can rely on a VPN service. This technology can help you to mask your IP address and location so that you can appear as if you were in the country in which the content you want to watch is available. A VPN also adds security to your connection and prevents others from seeing what you do online. Your identity is also protected since your real IP address (which could be used to trace you) is not exposed. Some of the best VPNs that you can get are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, PureVPN and Private Internet Access.
In this article, we will focus on the steps that you can follow to install Bennu on Kodi. This is a new and enhanced version of Phoenix, a once popular Kodi add-on that is no longer available. Bennu offers a good selection of features that make it worth considering. Kodi users can rely on Bennu to watch movies, TV shows, kids entertainment and many other options. Below you will find the steps needed to install Bennu on Kodi Krypton 17 and Kodi Jarvis 16.
How to install Bennu on Kodi Krypton 17
- Launch Kodi Krypton 17 and then select Settings, File Manager and click twice on Add Source.
- Click on None when you see the relevant box on the screen. Add the repository through
http://ares-repo.eu/. Enter the name of the repository “Ares Repository” in the option that appears below. Then click OK to save the repository’s name.
- Return to Kodi home screen, select Add-ons, then click on Package Installer or Box icon, then install from zip file.
- Scroll down and click on the Ares repository, click repository.aresproject-0.1.0.zip
- Select Install from repository, then Ares project and Add-on repository. There you will select Colossus repository and click Install.
- Then press the Backspace key on the keyboard two times and go to Colossus repository, then to Video Add-on and select Bennu and Install. Once the installation is completed, you will see a screen with Bennu on it.
How to install Bennu on Kodi Jarvis 16
The process to install Bennu on Kodi Jarvis is very similar to the one you followed to complete the installation on Kodi Krypton, but there are some difference in the layout. Here is what you need to do.
- Open Kodi Jarvis on your device and click on System, then File Manager and click twice on Add Source.
- Click None when you see the box and type https://ares-repo.eu/ then click Done. Type the name of the repository: Ares Repository and click Done, then click OK.
- Return to home screen, then system menu and Add-ons. Install from zip file, select Ares Repository, then click repository.aresproject-0.1.0.zip
- Click on Install from repository, then Ares project and Add-on repository.
- Select Colossus repository, then Install, click Backspace key on the keyboard to go back two spaces.
- Click Colossus repository, then Video add-ons, followed by Bennu and then Install.
How to resolve issues with Bennu
Bennu is still relatively new and it is possible that you experience some issues with it, particularly during the installation process. You may get an error when you try to install Bennu, if you are using a broken repository. You would see an error on the top of the screen and the installation process may stop immediately. Thankfully, the problem can be easily solved.
All you need to do is to install Bennu from a good repository, which is why we advise using Colossus. This is available in Ares project repository and it is a reliable solution to install Bennu on Kodi without hassle. It is also worth mentioning that other add-ons that you can consider instead of Bennu and that are also similar ti Phoenix are Exodus, Covenant and Genesis Reborn.