Specto is a version of Genesis, one of the most popular Kodi add-ons of all time. A while ago, Genesis was shut down, leaving fans around the world feeling disappointed. However, thanks to Specto, it is possible to enjoy the features of Genesis, as well as Exodus, another Kodi add-on that is no longer available but that was a favorite of Kodi users for a long time. If you want an add-on that gives you the chance to access a wide variety of content, Specto is a good choice. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Specto on Kodi Krypton. While Krypton is not the latest version of Kodi, it is the one that provides a stable performance since Leia (the most recent update) still has a few bugs. In addition, we will show you the steps to install Specto on Kodi Jarvis. Kodi Jarvis or Kodi 16, is an older version of the media player, but it is still used by many people. The steps that we will go through will allow you to install Specto on Kodi for Android, Windows, Mac and other popular platforms.
Installing Specto on Kodi 17 Krypton
1. Start by opening Kodi Krypton and then, click on the Settings Icon, which you will find in the top left corner.
2. Go to System Settings and then select Expert Mode, followed by Addons.
3. Keep in mind that you need to enable Unknown Sources. If you don’t do this, it won’t be possible to install third-party add-ons like Specto.
4. Once the warning box shows up, click Yes.
5. After that, go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the Settings icon
6. Go to File Manager and then to Add Source
7. Choose None and then enter this path: http://kodi.filmkodi.com
8. Name it as filmkodi and then click OK
9. Select Addons from the Kodi homescreen
10. Click on the Package Installer Icon that appears at the top left corner
11. Select Install from Zip file, the filmkodi and repository.filmkodi.com.
12. Choose repository.filmkodi.com-x.x.x.zip and then install it
13. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears
14. Then, select Install from repository
15. Select repository.filmkodi.com and then Video Addons
16. Choose Specto and then install it
17. Select Videos from the Kodi home screen, then select Addons and finally, Specto
Installing Specto on Kodi Jarvis 16
1. Go to System, then File Manager
2. Select Add Source
3. Choose None and then enter this path: http://kodi.filmkodi.com and click Done
4. Scroll down to the empty bar and type “fusion”.
5. Click Done and then select OK
6. Go to System, then Settings and Add-ons
7. Select Install from Zip file, then filmkodi and repository.filmkodi.com.
8. Choose repository.filmkodi.com-x.x.x.zip and install it
9. Allow some time until the add-on enabled notification appears
10. Then, select Install from repository
11. Select repository.filmkodi.com and then Video Addons
12. Now, select Specto and start the installation
13. In the Kodi home screen, select Videos, then Addons and finally, Specto
Before you install Specto, consider this
We have gone through the steps that you need to follow in order to be able to install Specto on Kodi Krypton and Kodi Jarvis. However, before you install this add-on or any other unofficial Kodi add-on, you should keep in mind that some of these add-ons feature copyrighted content without authorization from the owners. This could land you in trouble in many countries that have implemented severe penalties for those who stream pirated content. When you access such content, copyright trolls will target you and you could end up receiving warning letters or even face fines. They could trace you using your IP address, which can be seen by others, unless your take the necessary measures to hide it. One of the best ways to enjoy online anonymity is to use a VPN service. When you connect to a VPN, your IP address is masked and others will not be able to trace you easily.
Although the best way to avoid any issues is to use only legitimate add-ons that don’t provide access to pirated material, if you want to protect your traffic from eavesdroppers, you should consider using a VPN. Even if you only use official add-ons, using a VPN is a good choice since privacy is always under threat. A VPN won’t just hide your real IP address, it will also encrypt your internet traffic. What this means is that all your activities will be secured. Others won’t be able to see what you are doing because encryption scrambles your data. Not even your ISP will be able to see what websites you visit, or what videos you watch. In addition, VPNs can help you to bypass restrictions. Some add-ons, apps and websites are blocked in certain countries, but with a VPN, you can overcome this issue. A VPN disguises your IP address and allows you to appear as if you were somewhere else. For instance, if you want to access content that is only available in the United States, you just need to connect to a VPN server in that country.
VPNs are valuable tools to protect your privacy and to enjoy true online freedom. You can access your favorite content without exposing your IP address and your online activities. With a VPN service, you will be able to get around restrictions and access Kodi add-ons, even if they have been blocked in your location. A VPN keeps your internet traffic secure and it prevents your ISP and other parties from seeing what you are doing. You will be able to enjoy online security, as well as freedom. VPN services are easy to use and they work on many different platforms. You can install a VPN on your iPhone, Android smartphone, Mac, Windows computer and more. There are several providers available, but we recommend options like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, Private Internet Access and VyprVPN. They offer good quality software, strong encryption and don’t keep logs of your activities.