Since Netflix offers a wider selection of content in the United States than what you can find in the libraries of other countries, users around the world look for ways to get access to the US version of Netflix. However, due to licensing agreements, for a long time, Netflix has been trying to prevent subscribers from bypassing the geographical restrictions that have been implemented in the streaming platform. In many cases, Netflix has been successful identifying and blocking the use of VPNs, but there are still services that have managed to get ahead of the game.
Netflix has been harsh on its approach to block VPNs and as a result, many VPNs are not effective when it comes to accessing the US library of content. Some customers have opted for downloading torrents instead, but this involves possible legal issues, which is why it is not recommended. Thankfully, as we mentioned before, not all is lost and you can still rely on certain VPN services to enjoy access to more content on Netflix. You can enjoy great entertainment in a legitimate way with the help of a VPN that uses advanced technology such as NordVPN. Thanks to its high quality network of servers, NordVPN is able to get around geographical blocks so you can enjoy access to a greater and wider selection of content on Netflix.
With NordVPN, not only you are able to bypass restrictions and enjoy a better experience with Netflix, you will also add security to your data. This Panama-based provider supports all the features needed to ensure that you can watch the content that you really want and it also has a very strong commitment to privacy. Here we will focus on the solutions that NordVPN offers for Netflix’s customers who want freedom to access more movies and TV shows. We’ll talk about SmartPlay and the NordVPN Netflix workaround.
Use NordVPN SmartPlay to overcome Netflix’s restrictions
SmartPlay is an easy way to watch content on Netflix thanks to its efficient servers that take care of everything. All you have to do is follow a few steps to set up things and then you can sit back and enjoy the content that you want. If you log into your Netflix account without using NordVPN, you will only be able to see the content that is offered in your country and in some locations, this is quite limited. Once you connect to NordVPN and select a US servers, you will notice that things change drastically. You will see many options that were not there before and all you have to do to enjoy more freedom to access content is to follow the below steps.
- Go to NordVPN.com and select the plan that better suits your needs. The yearly plan is the recommended options since it offers the best value for money in the long run.
- Once you have selected the best option for you, complete the purchase and create an account.
- Next, you will be able to download the VPN client that is compatible with your device. NordVPN supports all major platforms.
- After the app is installed, you can access your account entering your login details.
- Once you are logged in, go to Settings in the top section.
- Click on SmartPlay so that you can activate the feature. SmartPlay should be enabled here.
- Click on Map and select United States to connect to a server there.
- Now that you are connected, just go to Netflix and check the library. You will see a significant change. There are many TV shows and movies that you probably don’t see in your country’s library. Just take a look at New Releases and you are likely to see a great deal of new options.
You just need to select the episode or the film that you want to watch, you will only need to wait a few seconds until it loads and very soon, you will be watching anything you want. If there is any movie or TV series that happens to be available in your country, but not in the United States (this may happen due to the different licensing agreements that Netflix has), you can simply disconnect the VPN and use Netflix as usual. However, in general, the US library offers a lot more options, which is why it is very convenient to have NordVPN to help you to unblock them.
How to use NordVPN’s Netflix Workaround
SmartPlay is the easiest way to get around Netflix’s restrictions, but if you don’t want to use this feature, there is another option. Just keep in mind that it takes a little bit more effort. Since Netflix is constantly trying to identify and block servers that bypass its restrictions, a server that works today, may not work tomorrow. Thankfully, NordVPN regularly updates its network to ensure that customers find servers that allow them to get around the blocks. However, in order to find out what servers you can use, you will need to reach out NordVPN’s support team.
- Go to NordVPN’s homepage and select the option to contact customer support. You can reach out to them via ticket support and they will reply with information on the particular US servers that can be used to access Netflix US.
- Once you have the information, go to the app on your desktop or mobile device and click on United States servers.
- Select the specific server from the list of recommended options and click on Connect Now. Then go to Netflix and enjoy a varied selection of entertaining content without leaving home.