Torrents allow you to enjoy movies, TV shows, songs and more, but if you are looking for an alternative solution, you can consider Usenet. Usenet doesn’t rely on P2P protocol and instead, the files are saved to a centralized, private server protected with SSL encryption. Like with torrents, it is possible to watch Usenet files on Kodi. Here, we will find out how to install Easynews on Kodi 17 and how to access Usenet newsgroups so that you can enjoy audio, videos, images and more.
How to watch Usenet on Kodi 17
The first step to be able to watch content on Kodi via Usenet is to get access to Usenet newsgroups. You can sign up with a solution like Easynews, which is a premium service that comes covered with a 14-day money back guarantee. This means that you can sign up with confidence, knowing that if for any reason the service doesn’t work for you, it is possible to get a refund. Easynews has plans that start from 20GB per month and they go up to 150GB per month. This gives you an indication of how much you can download with your Usenet subscription each month. Currently, there is a free Easynews trial available so you can even test the service before purchasing a subscription.
Once you have access to a newsgroup (Easynews in this case), you can follow the below steps to install it on Kodi 17 Krypton.
1. Open Kodi Krypton and click on the Settings Icon that is located at the top left corner.
2. Go to System Settings, then select Expert Mode and Addons. Keep in mind that Unknown Sources has to be enabled so that you can install third-party add-ons.
3. A warning box will pop up and here, you need to click Yes. Then go back to the Kodi homescreen and click on the Settings icon.
4. From the Settings icon, go to File Manager and select Add Source.
5. Then select None and enter this path:
6. Rename it as Xfinity and then click OK. From the Kodi homescreen, you need to select Addons.
7. Then click on the Package Installer icon that is located at the top left corner.
8. Select Install from Zip file, then Xfinity and XunityTalk_Repository
9. Allow some time until you see the add-on enabled notification. Then, select Install from repository.
10. Select the .XunityTalk Repository to open it.
11. Click on Video Add-ons, then EasyNews and select Install
12. Allow some time until the EasyNews Addon Enabled appears.
13. Return to the Kodi homescreen and select the Addons tab from the left hand column.
14. Here you will see all the video addons you install, including EasyNews.
15. Right click on the EasyNews icon and select “Settings”. Then highlight EasyNews Account and enter your Username and Password.
16. Select OK.
How to protect your privacy while using Kodi
Some people may not be aware of this yet, but ISPs (Internet Service Providers) can see what we do online. They can monitor our activities and see our internet traffic, including the content we stream. If you use torrents or usenet and access content that is subject to copyright, you are likely to receive at least a warning letter. In some cases, you can get a copyright infringement notice and even a fine. While we don’t condone copyright violations, the truth is that many people choose to install third-party Kodi add-ons because they can’t afford paid streaming services or can’t access them. If you decide to install an unofficial Kodi add-on to watch movies, TV shows and more, make sure that you enhance your privacy with the help of a VPN.
Using a VPN service can protect you from the risks of having your online activities monitored by your ISP and other parties. When you use a VPN, your internet traffic is encrypted so others can’t see what content is being accessed. You can browse, download and stream content privately. With a VPN, you can get around ISP throttling which can affect your streaming activities. It should also be noted that some Kodi add-ons are blocked in some locations. Thankfully, a VPN lets you get around geographical restrictions so you can access any application you want. When you connect to a VPN server, your IP address is changed so you can overcome regional blocks.
You can follow the below instructions to bypass restrictions, add security to your connection and enjoy the content that you want in any location.
- Select a VPN service (paid services are recommended as they offer better speed and higher security) and create an account.
- Download and install the VPN software on the device running Kodi.
- Once you open the VPN app, you will be able to connect to a VPN server.
- After that, open Kodi and enjoy live streams, movie, TV shows and more, without compromising your identity and privacy.
What VPN services are recommended?
In order to be able to stream content safely, it is important to use a service that is fast, that offers access to a good selection of servers and that doesn’t keep logs of your internet traffic. We recommend well-known, high quality solutions such as ExpressVPN, IPVanish, NordVPN and Private Internet Access. These providers have earned recognition in the VPN industry thanks to their advanced software, ease of use, great speeds and strong security. They don’t store logs of what you do online and allow users to stream content without putting their privacy at risk.