Hulu provides a convenient way to watch some of the best entertainment at home, including award-wining movies and popular TV series. Combining Hulu and Kodi allows you to enjoy a fantastic viewing experience and in this guide, we will take a look at how to install the Hulu Kodi Addon so that you can get access to top content on Mac, Windows, Linux, Android and other platforms. Before we go through the steps required to complete the installation, it is important to note that one of the main downsides of Hulu is that it is not available in every country. Only people in the United States and Japan can access this streaming service.
Even if you have a subscription but travel abroad, you will come across blocks that prevent you from watching TV series, movies and everything else that Hulu offers. The good news is that it is possible to access Hulu from outside Japan and the US. All you need to do is to use a VPN service. With a VPN, it is possible to bypass restrictions because you can connect to servers in any country and disguise your location. If you connect to a server in the United States, you will get a US IP address, which will allow you to defeat blocks and enjoy Hulu from any location. Now, let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to install Hulu Kodu Addon.
Installing Hulu Kodi Addon – Step by Step Guide
Hulu Movie TV and HuluBox are the main Hulu Kodi Addons available. If you have installed the Fusion repository or MetalKettles repository, you don’t need to follow the steps 1 to 8. If you haven’t install the repositories yet, you can follow the guide below so that you can install Hulu Kodi Addon. We’ll start with the Hulu Movie TV Addon.
- Open Kodi
- Go to Systems and select File Manager
- Click Add Source
- Select None
- Enter: http://fusion.tvaddons.org and then click Done.
- Under “Enter a name for the media source”, type in “Fusion” and click “Done”.
- Then select OK and go to the home screen of Kodi
- Go to Systems, then Settings and select Addons
- Choose Install from zip file
- Select Fusion
- Click on xbmc-repos, then English and select “repository.entertainmentrepo.backup-1.1.4.zip”.
- Allow some time for the Entertainment Repo installed alert message to appear. Return to the Kodi home screen.
- Click Systems, then Settings and Addons.
- Select Install from repository, then Entertainment Repo and Video Addons.
- Select Hulu Movie TV and then Install
- Return to the home screen. Click Videos and then Addons
- Launch Hulu Movie TV. That is it. Now, we’ll focus on the process to install Hulubox Kodi Addon
Installing Hulubox Kodi Addon
- Open Kodi
- Go to Systems and then select File Manager
- Click Add Source
- Choose “None”.
- Enter http://kodi.metalkettle.co/ and click “Done”.
- Type in “MK” under “Enter a name for this media source” and the click Done.
- Select “OK” and go to Kodi’s home screen
- Then go to “Systems”, then Setings and select “Addons”.
- Select “Install from zip file”.
- Choose “MK”.
- Click om “xbmc-repos”, then select English and “repository.metalkettle-1.7.1.zip”.
- Return to the Kodi home screen
- Select “Systems”, then Settings and Addons.
- Choose Install from repository, then “MetalKettles Addon Repository”, followed by Video Addons.
- Select HuluBox and Install.
- Return to the home screen, click Videos, then Addons.
- Open HuluBox.
How to unblock Hulu Kodi Addon using a VPN
As previously mentioned, there are geographical restrictions that will prevent you from watching Kodi in your location. In order to be able to watch the content available on this streaming platform, you need to be in the US or Japan. Otherwise, you will get a message stating that the video library is not available in your location. Luckily, a VPN offers the chance to get around the restrictions in a simple and effective way. When you connect to a VPN, your real IP address is masked, making you appear as if you were located somewhere else. If you connect to a US server, your IP address will make you appear as if you were in that country. This will give you access to Hulu and other services and websites that are only available there.
The steps to be able to bypass restrictions with a VPN are very simple. You just need to set up a subscription with a reliable VPN. Keep in mind that premium services like Hulu and Netflix are aware that people are using VPNs and proxies to bypass the geographical blocks. To prevent this, they are using technology that allows them to block proxies, as well as some VPNs. In order to be able to get around these blocks, it is important that you go for a VPN that offers advanced technology and a solid network of servers. Once you sign up for a VPN, you can download and install the software on your device. Then you can connect to a US server and unblock Hulu and other streaming platforms.
Apart from offering you the chance to get around geographical restrictions, using a VPN for Kodi is important because it also allows you to protect your privacy. The encryption that a VPN applies, keeps your online activities covered so others won’t know what websites you visit or what content you watch. By changing your IP address, a VPN helps you to add a layer of anonymity to your connection. Your real location, IP address and other details won’t be disclosed. Plus, the fact that your traffic is encrypted means that you will be able to enjoy Hulu or any other streaming service privately and securely. Here is a list of VPN services that are worth considering.
ExpressVPN is fast, secure and reliable. It is a solution that allows you to bypass restrictions effectively and it also protects your data with high encryption. ExpressVPN is one of the few services that can get around Hulu and Netflix’s blocks.
Based in Panama, NordVPN is a top choice for users who are mainly concerned about privacy and security. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t offer great support for streaming. In fact, NordVPN can bypass restrictions seamlessly and its network offers ultra fast servers that allow you to enjoy a great experience.
VyprVPN gives you freedom to stream content without barriers. This high quality VPN solution offers a unique technology known as Chameleon, which disguises VPN traffic to help you to get around blocks. Like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, VyprVPN has an extensive selection of servers in the US, which allows you to overcome restrictions.