Everybody loves a good free app, but dealing with ads can be frustrating. Many free apps support themselves using apps, meaning that the price you pay when you use them is having to put up with ads. Although it is understandable that developers implement ads in order to make money, sometimes, the ads can be quite frequent and annoying. If you don’t want to deal with ads while using a free app on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, you can use AdHell 2, a practical solution to enjoy an ad-free experience. While the original version of AdHell is no longer available in the Google Play Store, AdHell has been reintroduced and a new edition can be used now with Samsung devices.
The new version can be found in the XDA Forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/themes/adhell-2-rootless-ad-blocking-t3663559
One of the best things about this option is that rooting is not required and you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of this app on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. With AdHell 2, you can disable ads, which can help you to enjoy a better experience with your favorite apps. Essentially, Adhell relies on Samsung’s Knox framework to prevent ads in applications, which allows you to avoid such ads on your phone. There are some registrations required during the process, so it is important that you read the instructions carefully to make sure that you follow them correctly.
Apart from stopping ads, Adhell offers a great selection of features that are very convenient. There is a Package disabler, a service disabler solution that is one of the best options for Samsung devices. This is very handy considering that Samsung is known for including many apps on its devices, some of which are bloatware and are rarely used. With the help of AdHell, it is possible to remove these apps and services, without having to root the device. AdHell can also block URLs and it is possible to set the URLs and to allow AdHell to do the work on your behalf. The app can complete the below tasks:
- Block ads and Popup ads in applications
- Disable Packages/Services/System Apps
- Block URLs of websites that you don’t want to get access to.
In this guide, you will find the steps that you can follow to get the most out of AdHell.
The app is easy to use once the setting up process is completed. Here are the instructions to have AdHell 2 installed.
How to install AdHell 2 – No root required
The installation process is not difficult. You just need to follow the steps carefully and fill the registration forms listed below.
- Developer License – Go to this website: https://seap.samsung.com/enrollment and register/sign in using your Samsung account to get a Developer license, this will enable you to use application on your handset.
- Create Knox Standard SDK Enterprise license key. This key is needed to enable AdHell 2 application so that it can be authorized to work on your device. Go to https://seap.samsung.com/enrollment to get the license key. Once you have obtained the license, you will be able to move forward with the application.
Open the AdHell 2 application on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Keep in mind that AdHell application is exclusively built for Samsung’ phones and it is possible that you can’t use it on other smartphones. You can also try to re-build the app while you are downloading the application, if the license doesn’t work with it. Then do the below:
1. Launch the application
2. Select Activate button. If you find an option like that, select access approved or similar.
3. After that, you may have to approve admin access as well, to ensure that the app can access system apps and files and that it works for you.
Select Enable Admin Access. Once that is done, enter the License key that you have generated (Knox Standard SDK Enterprise License key) initially.
Ensure that you enter the correct Key, otherwise, the app won’t work. After you enter the key, the application will serve the options to you. You can enable it or keep it off. In addition, it is possible to configure ads (Stop them), take actions on installed apps/packages and a few additional options. All you need to do is to ensure that you generate License Key using the link that we listed above and enter it in the app correctly.
AdHell is also easy to use and you are able to see the applications that are impacted. It is possible to add URLs to block list, disable system/installed applications/ services.